How To Make the Perfect Brown Rice
Uncooked Brown Rice Cup for cup, brown rice offers more nutritional punch than white rice. Low in calories, high in fiber and nutrients such as selenium and manganese, brown rice delivers flavor and health. A half-cup serving of brown rice yields...
Cup for cup, brown rice offers more nutritional punch than white rice. Low in calories, high in fiber and nutrients such as selenium and manganese, brown rice delivers flavor and health. A half-cup serving of brown rice yields 1.7 grams of resistant starch, a healthy carb that helps to boost metabolism and burn fat. A great way to include carbs for those looking to control weight. If you’re looking to include brown rice in your meal plans but are not quite sure how to cook brown rice. Or you’ve tried but you ended up with burnt rice or a gluey mess, here’s how to make fluffy brown rice.
Cooking brown rice is easy with the right utensils, I’ll show you two simple methods of making brown rice.
- 1 cup brown rice (long-grain has less starch, short grain has more starch)
- 2 ½ cup water or broth
On the Stovetop:
- Wash rice in a medium-sized saucepan until water runs clear.
- Add 2 ½ cups of water to rice. Depending on your stove, you may need to add a little more water to prevent the rice from burning.
- Bring saucepan to a boil.
- Lower heat to a slow simmer and let it cook for about 40 to 50 minutes with the lid on.
- Do not open the lid unnecessarily as it will release the steam, needed to cook the rice faster.
- Once it’s cooked, remove saucepan from the stove and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff it up with a fork and serve warm.
- Wash rice in the rice cooker pot until water runs clear.
- Add water and press the cook button.
- The button will pop once it’s cooked and it will automatically switch to “warm” button to keep the rice warm.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes before fluffing. It’s that simple.
Light, fluffy, aromatic with a nice nutty flavor—that’s what you’ll get when you follow these simple instructions. A pot with a tight-fitting lid or a rice cooker will give your satisfactory result each time.
For information on how to make your cooking experience a pleasure and a breeze, feel free to contact us.