Brunch Ideas: How to Plan for a Bridal Shower Brunch
The article which follows provides the event organizer a detailed list of items needed in order to make a Bridal Shower Brunch successful. This is one of those type of brunch ideas that is not considered; until the bride-to-be...
The article which follows provides the event organizer a detailed list of items needed in order to make a Bridal Shower Brunch successful. This is one of those type of brunch ideas that is not considered; until the bride-to-be realizes due to the relative pace of her lifestyle and acquaintances that a wedding shower lunch proves too lengthy or too leisurely. Brunch is the perfect way to meet the needs of acquaintances and family members with hectic lifestyles; and can be just as memorable as a leisurely lunch.
It makes perfect sense that if an individual is planning to host a bridal shower for an acquaintance or friend to also make plans for a brunch. This makes the social occasion all the more bright and unique. However, even though the idea is good, many persons hosting a shower would not know where to begin in planning for such an event. The following article provides all the details required in order to incorporate the brunch into the wedding shower! Also check out our article on Brunch Ideas for a Post Wedding Brunch!
An Important Point prior to the Planning Stages of the Bridal Shower Brunch for the Organizer to Consider:
Many well-intended persons get so caught up in the planning stages of the wedding shower and brunch that one important point is forgotten. Before proceeding with the planning stages of the brunch, the organizer is wise to consider any diet restrictions of the soon to be bride. This is necessary when putting together the menu for the brunch. Also, with the wedding fast approaching, the bride-to-be is probably very conscious about her weight--making proper menu planning all the more important. With respect to the wedding shower, it is best defined as a bridal party. The bride-to-be is given many presents. The gifts she receives are necessary in order that she may receive a good start in setting up her new living arrangements. The shower, too, is an event where acquaintances, friends and family of the soon to be bride are able to get together in a happy and relaxed atmosphere and enjoy quality time with each other. As is apparent, any person involved in the planning stages of such an event has the responsibility of assuring everything goes off as planned. This requires that the shower organizer is precise down to the last detail. The shower and brunch must be events, that in the end, prove extremely memorable for the bride-to-be and her friends and family members.
The bridal shower event is normally hosted around three to six weeks prior to the wedding. However, the organizer of the shower does not need to follow this formal rule to the letter. During current times, showers are generally planned according to what is convenient for the soon to be bride. Also, as already alluded to in the introduction, any organizer, planning a wedding shower and brunch is wise to consider the lifestyles of the participants. The lifestyles of the guests are generally very fast paced. It makes little sense to organize a lunch which is highly elaborate and leisurely. The wedding shower brunch, then, works best with regard to the guests' and the soon to be bride's faster-paced lifestyles. Also, many shower organizers are not aware of it at first, especially if they have not given a shower for awhile, but the wedding shower brunch is currently very popular.
An organizer of a wedding shower brunch simply needs some helpful tips and a checklist in order to assure the event is memorable and successful. Basic steps relative to planning a wedding shower brunch follow:
- The organizer of the wedding shower, after determining a budget, talks to the bride. He or she takes notes with respect to specific requests--made by the bride-to-be. It is the objective of the organizer to assure the soon to be bride is happy with every aspect of the shower and brunch.
- The organizer puts together a guest list for the event(s) which for the time-being is considered tentative.
- The organizer decides upon where the event is to be held; and if necessary, books it.
- A theme is decided upon.
Long-term planning is essential. The plan proposed within the article makes provision for long-term planning arrangements.
Two months prior to the wedding shower brunch:
Two months prior to the wedding shower brunch the organizer sends out invitations. The activities that follow are performed directly after the invitations are sent to the persons on the guest list:
- The decorations are selected according to the theme selected;
- The organizer calls all of the bridesmaids together and everyone decides what foods to include on the menu of the wedding shower brunch. (It is important that the organizer assures the foods on the menu are relative to the theme of the brunch.)
- The organizer takes the bride-to-be aside and makes arrangements for a day where the foods included on the menu are reviewed. This requires that the bride to be tastes each of the food items on the menu in order to assure everything is what she expects.
- The event manager calls the caterers of the brunch, in this case, and finalizes what is included on the menu;
- Naturally, the event organizer is wise to ask the bride-to-be to now register for gifts which she requires at the store of her choice (what about Cilantro The Cooks shop?). All of the preceding activities, it must be stressed, once again, occur two months prior to the wedding shower brunch. Careful planning is needed in order to assure everything goes well and as expected when the day arrives.
One month prior to the wedding shower brunch:
One month prior to the wedding shower brunch it is necessary for the organizer to get in contact with each and every person who has yet to respond to his or her invitation--previously sent. After it is determined which persons plan on being in attendance for the planned event it will be much easier to provide the caterer or the person putting together the foods for the brunch with a better head count. Following are the activities which need to follow just after contacting individuals who have not yet responded to the wedding shower brunch invitations.
- The person doing the baking and cooking or caterer is provided with a final head count by the organizer of the event;
- The organizer shops for decorations or rents them, according to what makes the most sense;
- Party games are reviewed and decided upon by the organizer(s); arrangements are made with regard to requirements of the activities which will happen during the event.
- The organizer puts together a musical playlist.
- Finally, shopping is arranged and carried out for the soon-to-be-bride's dress or apparel for the party.
Two weeks prior to the wedding shower brunch:
The next sequence of event planning and activities happens two weeks prior to the bridal shower/brunch.
The first activity of the organizer; two weeks prior to the events is purchase of the shower gift for the soon-to-be bride. After the gift is decided upon and purchase is made; the next series of activities subsequently takes place:
- The organizer decides upon her or his apparel for the wedding shower brunch;
- The spirits for the occasion are purchased: that is if the guests on the list prefer inclusion of alcoholic beverages;
- The planner assures that all food items considered non-perishable are purchased well before the event occurs; and,
- The organizer purchases the party favors, and places his or her signature on the thank you notes.
One week prior to the wedding shower brunch:
At this point, the event is fast approaching. One week prior to the wedding shower brunch, the event organizer confirms the reservation at the venue where the event is to be hosted. Once the reservation is confirmed at the venue, the following activities take place:
- The organizer assures the flowers for the occasion which are part of the decorations are ordered; and,
- Groceries and other items necessary for the event are purchased.
Three days prior to the brunch:
Three days before the wedding shower brunch occurs the organizer begins the process of decorating the venue where she is hosting the event. Once the organizer is in the stages of decorating the event hall or other venue, the following activities are carried out:
- The party favors for the guests are assembled;
- The organizer decides upon the arrangement of the tables and how each table is set; and,
- Preparations are made with respect to party games and other associated event activities.
One day prior to the wedding shower brunch:
The day prior to the planned wedding shower brunch is important. The organizer, at this phase, assures the tables are properly set and everything is as expected.
Menu Planning: The food provided at any planned event is what guests are likely to remember most. The food must taste very good and its presentation needs to be superb. Once again, the way the food is presented is very important. The objective is to assure that the food items provided gives the party a sense of elegance. The best foods to serve for a wedding shower brunch, from a general standpoint, are delicious finger foods, desserts that prove exquisite, salads and delicious main courses. All of the general food items mentioned are the kinds of foods well-suited for a wedding shower brunch. Also, it is right to mention, that anyone can be a good cook or caterer, however, if foods are not properly presented or events not planned with a timeline in mind, then certainly no one will be in a position to enjoy the tasty or elegent dishes which the caterer or cook prepares. The organizer makes it a point to assure everything that evolves around the food items and dishes served at the event goes off without a "hitch."
One tip worth mentioning:
Games at the bridal shower are sure to liven up the general mood of the event. It is wise that the organizer, assure, once all the guests to the event have made their appearances that any game activity with respect to the shower begins. The event games are best conducted prior to the brunch and then resumed after the meal. Conducting activities prior to the meal and then after gives the guests a period of relaxation--in way of the brunch. Also, resuming activities after the brunch provides the guests something encouraging to do after completion of the meal.
Oh by the way:
The organizer booking a venue in way of a banquet hall is wise to do so three to five months in advance. This way it is possible to attain a better rate.
Last but not least:
The organizer and guests must make it a point to have fun! In order to find all the perfect essential items for the bride-to-be or a wedding shower brunch, the event organizer will wish to contact us. We are available, online, 24/7. Organizing great Brunch Ideas and events, whatever the reason is all the more realizable when making use of products offered on the Cilantro site!